The Autodromo Vallelunga Piero Taruffi is a racing circuit situated 32 km north of Rome (ITA). Vallelunga was built as a sand 1.8 km oval in 1959. From 1963 the circuit held the Rome Grand Prix, and in 1967 a new loop was added when the track became the property of the Automobile Club d'Italia (ACI). The track is named for the famous Italian racing driver Piero Taruffi.
In August 2004 work started on a 1 km extension to the track, bringing the track up to its current length. The new configuration has received homologation from the FIA as a test circuit, being used by various F1 teams.
The track is also used by ACI for public driving safety training courses, and in autumn of each year hosts a vast flea-market specialising mainly in vintage automotive spare parts.